You were brilliant. You waxed poetic. You got thousands of visitors. And then your genius blog post sank to the bottom of your blog list. (Cue the sad music)
Well never fear, there's an easy solution!
Create a "best of" widget for your Hoop.la site, and fill it with your best blog posts. If you have one of these on your home page, or your blog page, you'll be putting your best foot forward for new visitors.
How to Make a "Best of" Widget
- Go to the first blog post you want to place in the "best of" collection.
- On the right side, under Collections, click the edit icon.
- Click "create new collection" and make your new "best of" collection.
- Check the box next to the new collection and click submit. (Content can be placed in more than one collection, so it's OK if the post is already in another category.)
- Go through your past blog posts and include any others that should be in the "best of" collection.
- Go to your home page or the blog page, and click "add widget."
- Choose the Content widget, and click submit.
- In the widget, change the title to "Best of" (or "Highlights" or whatever you like), select how many you want, and use the dropdown to choose the "best of" collection as the source.
You might want to consider periodically checking your Google Analytics stats to see which posts are the most popular, and add them to your "best of" collection.
Have you gotten creative with your widgets yet? Show us your best stuff!